Biohazard Mercenaries
November 20, 2019, 03:49:23 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: The forum is online but there are a lot of bugs i need to fix!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: "More and more...."  (Read 4493 times)
0 Mercenaries and 1 Noob are viewing this topic.
NEXUS
Po$T-Kr@zY
Jill Valentine

♥ HP: -1

United States United States

*360 / PS3*

« Reply #15 on: November 12, 2009, 07:14:57 PM »

I love the re5 story mode but I only play a lot because of merceneries. I am hooked on to it. My ultimate goal is get in the top 10 duo on the leadersboards for PA

GamerTag: KangDemonX   PSN: Kangdemon

I ONLY PLAY PA
carver
SuperScrub
BSAA

♥ HP: 22

PS3

jdubsx37
« Reply #16 on: November 12, 2009, 07:44:49 PM »

i played all of the resident evil games and like them, but the main reason i continue to play is probably because there are cool people to play with and i also have a real life friend who plays(rjay00). and if he didnt play i probably would not have gotten as into it since i wouldnt have had any1 to play with seriously.

b4 evenstar made this website there wasnt a way of knowing who good players were and finding out strategies for many of the maps. if i didnt have rjay00 to play with in the period b4 this website was created i probably would have lost interest just because of the fact that it isnt fun to join games and play with crappy players or using different strats.

Ae
Eye of the Tiger
Evenstar

♥ HP: 234

ALL

andrewevenstar Andrewevenstar biohazardmercenaries
« Reply #17 on: November 12, 2009, 07:49:18 PM »

My ultimate aim is to just have fun with FRIENDS while trying to get good scores.

I have no rival and I don't have anyone in particular that I'm trying to beat.

I don't ever look at the leaderboards.

Not sure how long I am going to be playing but FFXIII is out in a month and when that's here... I will be away from Mercs mostly.

Motivation to play is getting scores. It's fun to put in the work to get a good score. It's also fun to help people out.

But it's very annoying all the drama this game brings. It brings a lot of jealousy.

Also, I'm not very serious about the game. i don't study spawning really or plan shit out like crazy. I'm not a student of the game.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2009, 07:56:55 PM by Andrew Evenstar » Logged
Gleminem057
Chris Redfield

♥ HP: 0

« Reply #18 on: November 12, 2009, 08:59:46 PM »

I used to play it for the chicks. Yep. At the midnight release of the game, I saw a bunch of them talk about how they'll play it and so I tried getting gamer tags ...

No but seriously, I play just for fun. Leaderboards, strategies, etc aren't my thing. I've met a couple of nice people randomly and I thought that's why I loved playing Mercs. For the social aspect of it rather than the ultra serious Japanese high score will burn runs. I was happy with the 190k solo score I got in the first few play throughs and then after I saw the crazy 480k run by one of the top tier players on Youtube, I bought donuts and decided to learn the game a little better. So now, I don't die as much or yell HULK SMASH everytime the other person does something dumb like, knife melee'ing the Red Excutioner Majini when they run out of ammo.

All in all, no aim or goal. Scores can be deceiving on this game so I don't bother to rival someone or beat a current old score posted. I feel that it's better to have a fun experience with others than taking things too serious.

But those girls at Gamestop that night of the release ...wow!

Xbox 360 GT: Gleminem057
Seitengrate
Alexia Ashford

♥ HP: 4

United Kingdom United Kingdom

PS3/360(REtired)

« Reply #19 on: November 12, 2009, 09:42:17 PM »

Well i'm a huge Resident Evil fanatic, when this game for came out in march, i've only played game for a week after the day it came out.

I've also been a fan of the series since 1996. You should have tried out Solo Mercs though, people overlook the fact that it's the ONLY mode that offers a single-player experience which is what all the old RE games essentially were. having a partner is great but any sense of tension from earlier games and to a certain extent RE4 seems lost in RE5, action horror all the way I guess.

Additional Post Merged: November 12, 2009, 09:44:41 PM
I used to play it for the chicks. Yep. At the midnight release of the game, I saw a bunch of them talk about how they'll play it and so I tried getting gamer tags ...

But those girls at Gamestop that night of the release ...wow!

RE5 has a large user base of female gamers, I guess maybe because the game is a little more sophisticated than typical 1st and 3rd person shooters which lack any finesse?

Additional Post Merged: November 12, 2009, 09:47:00 PM
i played all of the resident evil games and like them, but the main reason i continue to play is probably because there are cool people to play with and i also have a real life friend who plays(rjay00). and if he didnt play i probably would not have gotten as into it since i wouldnt have had any1 to play with seriously.

That's cool that you knew rJay before RE5, I use to have friends really into RE games, we used to play the old ones a lot back in the day, even though we had to take turns at them being single player lol. Sadly they aren't into games as much these days with other things but I'm sure they would get into RE5 easily if they were to buy it.

Additional Post Merged: November 12, 2009, 09:51:48 PM
Not sure how long I am going to be playing but FFXIII is out in a month and when that's here... I will be away from Mercs mostly.

But it's very annoying all the drama this game brings. It brings a lot of jealousy.

Also, I'm not very serious about the game. i don't study spawning really or plan shit out like crazy. I'm not a student of the game.

Interesting points. I am looking forward to FFXIII as well, apart from RE and a few other series no other games have consumed as much of my time as those from the Final Fantasy series.

This game has the ability to turn people into real monsters, I guess scores and obsession with leaderboards does that to some people.

I too have never really studied spawns or anything like that, the randomness of RE5 Mercs usually means I just play it as I go along. Obviously, I watch videos to get a general idea of how stages can be played but a set path can never really be followed  since enemy spawns are never the same twice, criticals and Cephalo spawning, etc.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2009, 09:52:51 PM by Seitengrate » Logged
rJay
"The Ganado"
BSAA

♥ HP: 127

360 / PS3

rJay0O
« Reply #20 on: November 12, 2009, 09:57:47 PM »

You can say that again, AHEM  :-X

People really need to chill out. They sometimes forget this is a game, and tend to take shit to a whole nother' level. It gives me a headache just thinking about it..
« Last Edit: November 12, 2009, 10:06:16 PM by rJay00 » Logged

---
Xbox Live GT: rJay00 | PSN: rJay00 | Youtube | Facebook
SouljA
Mercenaries OG
BSAA

♥ HP: 84

PS3 - PC

midniteassassin2
« Reply #21 on: November 12, 2009, 10:57:21 PM »

THIS SHIT IS SERIOUS! FUCK MY KIDS, I HAVE TO PLAY THE MERCENARIES!!

But seriously, I don't have kids. I'm starting to get tired of it, going for high scores isn't interesting anymore. I like doing challenging stuff for no gain.
Like...double Sheva(BSAA) runs, or double Jill(Battle Suit) MG only no melee runs...

Mercs Scores: Here
Twitch.TV Channel: Here
Youtube Channel: Here
Kyzer89
That 1 guy
Rebecca Chambers

PS3

« Reply #22 on: November 12, 2009, 11:12:41 PM »

I love mercs, i will continue playing until i reach top 50 in 5/8 stages.

PSN: Kyzer89
"IF YOU WILL IT, ITS NOT A DREAM"
xUmbrellaCo
Rebecca Chambers

Kuwait Kuwait

XBOX360

xUmbrellaCo
« Reply #23 on: November 22, 2009, 07:44:40 AM »

I am a RE fan since I was a kid :D my personal favorite is REmake.
I spent alot of time playing RE5 and now I reached my ultimate total play time in my*History of gaming* 730 hours :) never know when to stop!! it is addicting. Even though I bought some new games but I still enjoy playing RE5 :)
Chie_8
♥TioChii♥
BSAA

Bahrain Bahrain

« Reply #24 on: November 22, 2009, 07:48:55 AM »

I spent alot of time playing RE5 and now I reached my ultimate total play time in my*History of gaming* 730 hours :) never know when to stop!! it is addicting. Even though I bought some new games but I still enjoy playing RE5 :)

same here  ;D
btw  there is something especial in RE5 that make me want to play it & be good at it more then any other games  :)

youtube ( http://www.youtube.com/user/PhantomChie8 )
Just thankX a lot for everyone <3 for my special friends, partners, friends , others even the ones who hate me np i still love everyone <3
LOVE U ALL AFTER ALL n_n
xUmbrellaCo
Rebecca Chambers

Kuwait Kuwait

XBOX360

xUmbrellaCo
« Reply #25 on: November 22, 2009, 07:56:34 AM »

same here  ;D
btw  there is something especial in RE5 that make me want to play it & be good at it more then any other games  :)

xD Yeah! I totally agree with you.

philosopherisdog
Chris Redfield

« Reply #26 on: November 22, 2009, 03:34:23 PM »

Like others have said, the great co-op game play is a big plus.  Whether you're someone who can put up 800,000 or 400,000 there is always a new goal or high to reach for.  I'm completely addicted to it and really don't have a lot of interest in other games either.  I bought a PS3 purely for RE5. 

After not really playing video games for years, my wife and I picked up a Wii about a year ago.  I hadn't played a RE game since the second one on the original playstation, but I got RE4 and fell in love with the mercs mode.  I then gradually convinced my wife that we should get a PS3 and RE5 and she finally gave in this summer.
NEXUS
Po$T-Kr@zY
Jill Valentine

♥ HP: -1

*360 / PS3*

« Reply #27 on: November 22, 2009, 05:33:51 PM »

Forget about my first post, i dont care about the leaderboards I only play the game because I love the gameplay. I think it is pretty addicting. I don't really have any goals in the game, I am just a big fan considering I have 2 copies of the game lol. The regular game and the collectors edition.  :)
« Last Edit: November 22, 2009, 05:37:57 PM by KangDemonX » Logged

GamerTag: KangDemonX   PSN: Kangdemon

I ONLY PLAY PA
Wesker maniac
Carlos Oliveira

United Kingdom United Kingdom

PS3

« Reply #28 on: November 23, 2009, 04:13:11 AM »

My motivation was mercenaries.I knew it was coming back and I loved it in RE4,only this time it's a lot better.Back in march I really wanted the game more than anything else, but I didn't have any cash, so I had to do chores at my uncle's house.After about 4-5 weeks, he got me the game.

PSN ID: WeskerManiac
SouljA
Mercenaries OG
BSAA

♥ HP: 84

PS3 - PC

midniteassassin2
« Reply #29 on: November 23, 2009, 06:50:01 AM »

I'm still...retired...from going for high scores, but I got much better with Chris and Sheva. :)

Mercs Scores: Here
Twitch.TV Channel: Here
Youtube Channel: Here
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: