Biohazard Mercenaries
August 24, 2019, 04:49:37 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: The forum is online but there are a lot of bugs i need to fix!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: RE5 PC ~ Steamworks Discussion  (Read 1678 times)
0 Mercenaries and 1 Noob are viewing this topic.
Ae
Eye of the Tiger
Evenstar

♥ HP: 234

United States United States

ALL

andrewevenstar Andrewevenstar biohazardmercenaries
« on: March 26, 2015, 03:36:44 PM »

RE5 is no longer on GFWL. It has moved to Steamworks effective today. There will be a patch sometime before or on the weekend to convert your save over to the steamworks profile.

http://www.capcom-unity.com/gregaman/blog/2015/03/26/resident-evil-5-gold-edition-available-now-on-steamworks
« Last Edit: April 09, 2015, 10:13:34 AM by Ae » Logged
Ae
Eye of the Tiger
Evenstar

ALL

« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2015, 10:10:16 AM »

RE5 PC on steamworks is faster, spawns are better. This is a positive. However all the current world records were on slower servers. So this changes things.

RE5 has evolved again. It's the same game but it IS quicker. Connections seem to be slightly better, spawns are faster. I have noticed it significantly in back alley. I know where all the enemies usually are at certain times for the beginning spawns. Those enemies are in their places 1-2 seconds quicker. Others have noticed it as well.

It's great to have a better platform, but just recognize the game runs slightly different now.
Artho
Yoda
Admin

♥ HP: 134

Belgium Belgium

PC

Szayzell
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2015, 10:28:25 AM »

from crappy drm to big drm

“When dealing with the insane, the best method is to pretend to be sane.” - Hermann Hesse
Damaja
Sidewinder
BSAA

♥ HP: 24

360 & PC

DashKiller90
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2015, 02:07:54 PM »

i don't notice much of a difference. though i haven't played much of it on steamworks, i feel that RE5 has normal and slow days. sometimes the spawns are responsive, other times they are not. even on console i felt the same. aside from that, lack of the save migration tool is stupid and a fail on capcom's part.
stLmpp
Wetland killer
ALPHA

♥ HP: 22

Brazil Brazil

guistl1
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2015, 04:38:53 AM »

As AE said, I noticed it too.
But another thing that I've noticed, the majinis are attacking slower, Idk if it's just me or...

Steam  / GFWL: stLmpp
Synyster
Best W.STARS Player
Albert Wesker

♥ HP: 62

Canada Canada

360, PS3, PC

dSYNYSTERb
« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2015, 02:57:32 PM »

The game is exactly the same. What you guys have is called confirmation bias. School is useful even for video games lol

XBL: RE Synyster | PSN: Goosepantsthe2nd | GFWL: Synyster PC | Steam: Kingsynyster
maxmartin33
Leon Kennedy

♥ HP: 4

Korea, Republic of Korea, Republic of

PC

maxmartin333
« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2015, 06:00:32 PM »

I can't tell much differences between GFWL and Steamworks. But connection on Steamworks seems better than GFWL. That's maybe not noticeable for someone, but I noticed it a bit.

PC MASTER RACE
Ae
Eye of the Tiger
Evenstar

ALL

« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2015, 08:36:15 PM »

This version sucks now. AI is fucked, dashing is worse and connection eat shit.

I think a few of us are going to be switching back and forth. I have both versions installed now.
Synyster
Best W.STARS Player
Albert Wesker

Canada Canada

360, PS3, PC

dSYNYSTERb
« Reply #8 on: May 15, 2015, 10:55:01 PM »

RE5 PC on steamworks is faster, spawns are better. This is a positive. However all the current world records were on slower servers. So this changes things.

RE5 has evolved again. It's the same game but it IS quicker. Connections seem to be slightly better, spawns are faster. I have noticed it significantly in back alley. I know where all the enemies usually are at certain times for the beginning spawns. Those enemies are in their places 1-2 seconds quicker. Others have noticed it as well.

It's great to have a better platform, but just recognize the game runs slightly different now.
This version sucks now. AI is fucked, dashing is worse and connection eat shit.

I think a few of us are going to be switching back and forth. I have both versions installed now.

XBL: RE Synyster | PSN: Goosepantsthe2nd | GFWL: Synyster PC | Steam: Kingsynyster
Sixaxis-Gamer
Mr. Fail
Ada Wong

♥ HP: 3

Germany Germany

PS3

« Reply #9 on: January 03, 2016, 09:03:58 AM »

So whats up with the difference between the platforms now...is there really a difference or not? lol I also have both versions although I currently am playing on Steam. Ive seen a lot of players switching back to the GFWL Version...is it really better?
maxmartin33
Leon Kennedy

♥ HP: 4

Korea, Republic of Korea, Republic of

PC

maxmartin333
« Reply #10 on: January 03, 2016, 11:37:30 AM »

yes

PC MASTER RACE
Synyster
Best W.STARS Player
Albert Wesker

Canada Canada

360, PS3, PC

dSYNYSTERb
« Reply #11 on: January 03, 2016, 12:31:33 PM »

They are the exact same. People like to look for differences and they will see something out of the ordinary and think "this version is worse" when really it is just an odd occurance (which happen all the time in re5). I'd say go to GFWL just cause that's what everyone has, but they are the same

EdgarCamilo93
Leon Kennedy

♥ HP: 7

Brazil Brazil

PS3 PC

Edgar Silva Ratiugfrusciante
« Reply #12 on: January 03, 2016, 02:03:14 PM »

They are the exact same. People like to look for differences and they will see something out of the ordinary and think "this version is worse" when really it is just an odd occurance (which happen all the time in re5). I'd say go to GFWL just cause that's what everyone has, but they are the same

No, you are wrong.
Look in this video, and i can show you more proofs, capcom f**ked this game on steam.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cl8BhObt1g8
Also, you can see other bugs only on steam version in this link:
http://steamcommunity.com/app/21690/discussions/0/618458030688121927/

SoapMactavishRJ
PC MASTER RACE
BSAA

♥ HP: 24

Brazil Brazil

PC

SoapMactavishRJ SoapRJLive1
« Reply #13 on: January 03, 2016, 03:46:12 PM »

Steam has flaws on the game. The game on GFWL... the game presents serious problems with spawning, beyond maijinis get stuck and it ins't normal.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DuXHntFjuOU

I played this game on PC just over five years, and this never happened to me  on GFWL, but ... on the steam is frequent.
not only on SD but other stages like AR, PR, MA present problems.

Additional Post Merged: January 03, 2016, 03:58:13 PM

No, you are wrong.
Look in this video, and i can show you more proofs, capcom f**ked this game on steam.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cl8BhObt1g8
Also, you can see other bugs only on steam version in this link:
http://steamcommunity.com/app/21690/discussions/0/618458030688121927/
HUE HUE HUE HUE BR  o exemplo no seu vídeo  foi bom...  eu não sabia que  vc tinha este vídeo bem ilustrado. Smile
« Last Edit: January 03, 2016, 03:58:13 PM by SoapMactavishRJ » Logged

LIVE PC - SoapMactavishRJ
Youtube - SoapMactavishRJ
Steam - soapmactavishrj
SKYPE - amr.0609
Twitter - SoapMactavishRJ

SoapMactavishRJ

Sixaxis-Gamer
Mr. Fail
Ada Wong

♥ HP: 3

Germany Germany

PS3

« Reply #14 on: January 03, 2016, 04:25:50 PM »

OHHHHH MAN! SO THATS WHY! Ive played on Steam the whole week after coming back from RE5 on PS3 after a big break...  and this fking fire start on PA Top Spawn drove me crazy in the Steam Version. Just played a few games on the GFWL-Version and the starts suddenly work perfectly fine for me, like it used to be on the PS3-Version.

So, +1 for EdgarCamilo. The firestarts really is buggy on the Steamversion, other than the Console+GFWL Version. Havent tested anything else yet though.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: