Biohazard Mercenaries
April 26, 2019, 03:20:53 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: The forum is online but there are a lot of bugs i need to fix!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: ~Brainstorming Changes to Mercenaries~  (Read 2835 times)
0 Mercenaries and 1 Noob are viewing this topic.
stLmpp
Wetland killer
ALPHA

♥ HP: 22

Brazil Brazil

guistl1
« Reply #45 on: September 23, 2015, 05:13:45 PM »

You never even see anyone use a knife in a good run.

Ever watched my runs? xD
Usually, I use knife at HEAD, because it has a higher chance to stun, trust me.
Maybe on a few enemies, I've never seen a full video from you. But the stun chance is the same regardless of what weapon you use.

O.o same for every weapon? You ever used a knife to stun? I think not.
Well, never watched a video of me, and is saying that NO ONE uses the knife in a good run... well...

Steam  / GFWL: stLmpp
KotierWolf
BSAA

♥ HP: 34

United States United States

PS3/360

KotierWolf foxmidnight KotierWolf
« Reply #46 on: September 23, 2015, 07:12:19 PM »

You never even see anyone use a knife in a good run.

Ever watched my runs? xD
Usually, I use knife at HEAD, because it has a higher chance to stun, trust me.
Maybe on a few enemies, I've never seen a full video from you. But the stun chance is the same regardless of what weapon you use.

O.o same for every weapon? You ever used a knife to stun? I think not.
Well, never watched a video of me, and is saying that NO ONE uses the knife in a good run... well...
I've used the knife many times, because I'm forced to with Chris BSAA and whenever I decide to use any Sheva character. I'm telling you the stun chance is the same for any weapon you use, and it doesn't matter who's playing. It's the same with the Samurai Edge, the Sig, and MP5, and any gun that is used for melee set ups. The only difference in chance are the critical headshots from all BSAA handguns which are far above anything else (because the main stat on the handguns are critical hit rates in the head). Don't really need a video to point that out.
I'm also saying that in a good run no one uses the knife, because over all the knife only wastes time if you don't get a stun prompt with it. If you do, you can potentially make the time back, but it's still overall slower than getting a stun in the first place with a gun, and it's extremely rare getting a stun with a knife.

SixPockets392
mwtbdltr
BSAA

♥ HP: 50

PC

SixPockets392
« Reply #47 on: September 23, 2015, 10:06:16 PM »

you're both saying the same thing lol, knife has a lower chance to stun than guns.

steam: stevo_392
live gt: SixPockets PC
psn: SixPockets-, stevo_392
BlAcKJaCk19
TYRANT

♥ HP: 83

United Arab Emirates United Arab Emirates

« Reply #48 on: September 24, 2015, 05:53:09 AM »

I never really cared for Sheva Tribal as much until BenRai offered to try Tribal x2 runs. I've only just started to pay attention to knife stuns and its usefulness, based on my videos and the time spent using her, I do usually get the leg stun I want within the first 2-3 slashes, I used to think it was a coincidence (but I'm starting to think otherwise now). I do know for a fact that if you aim the tip of the knife on the stun locations it increases the odds of the stun.

stLmpp
Wetland killer
ALPHA

Brazil Brazil

guistl1
« Reply #49 on: September 24, 2015, 08:29:33 AM »

I think it's not totally random... don't know why, just played this game too much xD
About the weapons, saying all weapons has the same chance of stun is wrong. Each BULLETS has the same chance of stun.
E.g: You have a MG and a Pistol, the MG has a tolerance of 5 shots at leg before the majini die, and the Pistol has only 2.
With 5 shots you will have more chance of getting a stun instead of 2. (Obviously)
« Last Edit: September 24, 2015, 10:21:15 AM by stLmpp » Logged

KotierWolf
BSAA

PS3/360

« Reply #50 on: September 24, 2015, 03:48:49 PM »

I think it's not totally random... don't know why, just played this game too much xD
About the weapons, saying all weapons has the same chance of stun is wrong. Each BULLETS has the same chance of stun.
E.g: You have a MG and a Pistol, the MG has a tolerance of 5 shots at leg before the majini die, and the Pistol has only 2.
With 5 shots you will have more chance of getting a stun instead of 2. (Obviously)
Weapon damage dealt to an enemy each gun is totally different than the chance of a stun given from each gun. You will have more or less chances based on gun damage obviously, but the chance of you getting the stun will still be the same. I've had games where I've gotten no stuns on an enemy with every single normal starting weapon.
You're talking about how many chances you get with a gun based on it's damage, and I'm talking about the chance of a stun in general. So when I saw each weapon has the same chance of a stun, I'm obviously referring to how the enemy will react after the first shot, including the knife, and all none powered guns used for such reason. Of course every weapon is going to have different chances based on the damage, but that's a given. Each weapon can potentially give you a stun on the first hit, and each can give you none at all is my point.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2015, 03:58:26 PM by KotierWolf » Logged

stLmpp
Wetland killer
ALPHA

Brazil Brazil

guistl1
« Reply #51 on: September 24, 2015, 05:24:38 PM »

Weapon damage dealt to an enemy each gun is totally different than the chance of a stun given from each gun. You will have more or less chances based on gun damage obviously, but the chance of you getting the stun will still be the same. I've had games where I've gotten no stuns on an enemy with every single normal starting weapon.
You're talking about how many chances you get with a gun based on it's damage, and I'm talking about the chance of a stun in general. So when I saw each weapon has the same chance of a stun, I'm obviously referring to how the enemy will react after the first shot, including the knife, and all none powered guns used for such reason. Of course every weapon is going to have different chances based on the damage, but that's a given. Each weapon can potentially give you a stun on the first hit, and each can give you none at all is my point.

Don't distort my explanation, you never said it was the first shot >:(
It's getting funny here, let me continue.

No, it's not totally random.
I can't prove it yet, but I'm pretty sure, at some moments (excluding the "after grab" one) you will certainly get a stun.

SixPockets392
mwtbdltr
BSAA

PC

SixPockets392
« Reply #52 on: September 24, 2015, 05:58:53 PM »

i think kotier is just using the first shot thing as way of explaining his point. you both are in agreement but just arguing two different points it seems, and it's going nowhere.

and i'm still not sure what you're point is stlmpp. you think certain situations (like after getting grabbed but not that specifically) the stun chance is different? need examples.

I never really cared for Sheva Tribal as much until BenRai offered to try Tribal x2 runs. I've only just started to pay attention to knife stuns and its usefulness, based on my videos and the time spent using her, I do usually get the leg stun I want within the first 2-3 slashes, I used to think it was a coincidence (but I'm starting to think otherwise now). I do know for a fact that if you aim the tip of the knife on the stun locations it increases the odds of the stun.

that's interesting, might need to test that out.

KotierWolf
BSAA

PS3/360

« Reply #53 on: September 24, 2015, 07:17:05 PM »

Don't distort my explanation, you never said it was the first shot >:(
It's getting funny here, let me continue.

No, it's not totally random.
I can't prove it yet, but I'm pretty sure, at some moments (excluding the "after grab" one) you will certainly get a stun.

The only moments you are guaranteed to get a stun from an enemy are hitting them in the leg while they grabbing your partner, or immediately after grabbing you from the front. If your timing is good you can stun them right before they grab you, (the help will flash on your nam for a se ond but they will go into a stun before they get the full grab animation on you, so its basically as if you helped yourself out of a grab)
But other than that, to my knowledge, leg stuns are random. You can argue that certain animations from enemies will increase your chance of getting a stun ( like missed grabs or missed swings from a weapon) and i would agree, but that's still based on chance, and I've still gotten no stuns even in those situations.

BlAcKJaCk19
TYRANT

♥ HP: 83

United Arab Emirates United Arab Emirates

« Reply #54 on: September 25, 2015, 04:02:27 AM »

how about stuns on slopped surfaces? like the stairs on AR and village? or the little wooden slopes on PA (water area)? my stuns work seem to work better over there.

KotierWolf
BSAA

PS3/360

« Reply #55 on: September 25, 2015, 04:31:38 AM »

how about stuns on slopped surfaces? like the stairs on AR and village? or the little wooden slopes on PA (water area)? my stuns work seem to work better over there.
Still the same in my opinion. From personal experience I've had the same results in stuns on all of those possible locations.
Just got done with a 2 hour grind on PA solo and spent a lot of unwanted time on most slopped surfaces (or non flat surfaces for a better term) and still had a lot of problems regarding stuns. Not saying any of it is wrong, but I'm had the same results even in the past.

Cally-Man
TYRANT

♥ HP: 52

United Kingdom United Kingdom

XBOX 360 & PSP

CallyMan90
« Reply #56 on: September 26, 2015, 05:41:31 AM »

i'm pretty sure alot of shit in mercs is RNG related. crits, leg stuns, spawns. if it were really a fixed probability rate at which things occur, i'm sure that outcomes would be different. like, if i were to shoot 100 enemies in the face, maybe 15 crits would occur and 53 would occur during another trial. RNG = good/bad luck.

Y'know, this sounds weird but I did hear of an experiment that proved how the human consciousness can affect a randomly generated number system. So it could be that the pro players like Syn, Martin, Ae etc... who believe anything is possible, are able to influence the software in a way. :p When I see how smoothly their runs go it almost looks like they're playing another version of the game.

But anyway, I wouldn't change much in Mercs. Just the glitches like someone mentioned earlier like exploding bosses after they've already been shot and disappearing items. One thing I would like though is for Wesker to have additional abilities, like his dodge in the story. I've said it before, and it could work by pressing A/X + any direction during a dash charge to cancel it and dodge an attack.

XBL: CallyMan90 | YouTube | RE5 spawn guide

Avatar is a six-pack in progress. :x

Red Hawk's handgun ammo: a Merc's best friend!
Synyster
Best W.STARS Player
Albert Wesker

♥ HP: 62

Canada Canada

360, PS3, PC

dSYNYSTERb
« Reply #57 on: September 26, 2015, 10:08:22 AM »

i'm pretty sure alot of shit in mercs is RNG related. crits, leg stuns, spawns. if it were really a fixed probability rate at which things occur, i'm sure that outcomes would be different. like, if i were to shoot 100 enemies in the face, maybe 15 crits would occur and 53 would occur during another trial. RNG = good/bad luck.

Y'know, this sounds weird but I did hear of an experiment that proved how the human consciousness can affect a randomly generated number system. So it could be that the pro players like Syn, Martin, Ae etc... who believe anything is possible, are able to influence the software in a way. :p When I see how smoothly their runs go it almost looks like they're playing another version of the game.

But anyway, I wouldn't change much in Mercs. Just the glitches like someone mentioned earlier like exploding bosses after they've already been shot and disappearing items. One thing I would like though is for Wesker to have additional abilities, like his dodge in the story. I've said it before, and it could work by pressing A/X + any direction during a dash charge to cancel it and dodge an attack.

What exactly do you mean when you say that we believe anything is possible? I would say that statement applies to people that think one person has worse luck than another. I think pro players are pro because they have used their knowledge of the game and play so that they give themselves the best chance of getting a score.

XBL: RE Synyster | PSN: Goosepantsthe2nd | GFWL: Synyster PC | Steam: Kingsynyster
stLmpp
Wetland killer
ALPHA

Brazil Brazil

guistl1
« Reply #58 on: September 26, 2015, 10:42:23 AM »

What exactly do you mean when you say that we believe anything is possible? I would say that statement applies to people that think one person has worse luck than another. I think pro players are pro because they have used their knowledge of the game and play so that they give themselves the best chance of getting a score.

He said something about the Law of Attraction...
It works somehow.

@stevo

E.g: When a majini from wetland (cannibal?), is try to grab you with his spear (that one, he raise you up with his spear), if you shoot in his leg, for example, the chance of getting a stun is about 90%, I mean. It's not totally random.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2015, 10:47:12 AM by stLmpp » Logged

SixPockets392
mwtbdltr
BSAA

PC

SixPockets392
« Reply #59 on: September 26, 2015, 06:44:29 PM »

so basically just be more positive.

@stevo

E.g: When a majini from wetland (cannibal?), is try to grab you with his spear (that one, he raise you up with his spear), if you shoot in his leg, for example, the chance of getting a stun is about 90%, I mean. It's not totally random.

how useful is that though?

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: