Biohazard Mercenaries
December 05, 2019, 09:33:10 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: The forum is online but there are a lot of bugs i need to fix!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: ~Brainstorming Changes to Mercenaries~  (Read 5992 times)
0 Mercenaries and 1 Noob are viewing this topic.
stLmpp
Wetland killer
ALPHA

♥ HP: 22

Brazil Brazil

guistl1
« Reply #60 on: September 26, 2015, 08:03:57 PM »

@stevo

E.g: When a majini from wetland (cannibal?), is try to grab you with his spear (that one, he raise you up with his spear), if you shoot in his leg, for example, the chance of getting a stun is about 90%, I mean. It's not totally random.

how useful is that though?

What do you mean?
We're saying about usefulness or random things? I thought it was random stuff.

Steam  / GFWL: stLmpp
Sonico67
BSAA

♥ HP: 10

United States United States

PS3 | PC

sonico67
« Reply #61 on: November 06, 2015, 08:32:08 PM »

Add the character high score that is currently selected, like RE6. It would go a long way here when playing in the lobby, I could care less about it being on RE6, unfortunately.
Brawnysilverfox
Fucking Imbecile
TYRANT

♥ HP: 241

United Kingdom United Kingdom

PS3

MrAxlrose1979
« Reply #62 on: November 06, 2015, 09:29:39 PM »

And a fucking spawn selector plz

Chris BSAA:
. remove the critical hit rate specs on the M92F handgun
. increase the power of the Ithaca M37 shotgun

Its the spread of the shotgun that bothers me, it can do like 2700 damage but unless the end of the gun is sat on an enemys chest some pellets will miss. No shotgun should take sometimes 3 hits to kill an 800 health majini at short range.

Also agree with six he shouldnt be going for headshots with HG, we all know what safaris like if you try a headshot heavy PA run. All well and good for 40-50 kills then its nothing but crits and cephs

some characters (sheva) just have too hard of a time compared to the others.

She could and should have been so much better, her head stun melee is awesome for crowd control since it hits enemies behind. BSAA and tribal cant really use it and Blackjack & ben will say its not really worth it with clubbin either. Imagine if BSAA had low crit rate and double fang, what a difference. Both female characters got short changed really, how bad would jill be without multi machine DKD

« Last Edit: November 07, 2015, 09:59:35 AM by Brawnysilverfox » Logged
BenRai2k
BRAVO

♥ HP: 102

PS3

GoldengirlsBen
« Reply #63 on: November 09, 2015, 08:39:04 AM »

She could and should have been so much better, her head stun melee is awesome for crowd control since it hits enemies behind. BSAA and tribal cant really use it and Blackjack & ben will say its not really worth it with clubbin either. Imagine if BSAA had low crit rate and double fang, what a difference. Both female characters got short changed really, how bad would jill be without multi machine DKD

First time here in forever, saw this and thought I'd reply since you bring my name up.

In a crazy way - I am happy Sheva never had double fang on regular mercs, and I know Blacky is as well. it would have just turned her in to an African Jill. Drop 'em and double fang 'em. That is why I found Jill gameplay usually boring for the most part, it was mostly knee drops. Especially solo.

I found the challenge of improvising with Sheva BSAA and Tribal to be great fun, as well as infuriating. As much as I wish she had a magnum at times as I played - I am glad she was such a disadvantaged character that people scoffed at. That is what drove me and Blacky to use her really.

I know no one used the acid or flame rounds followed by a knife slash to ground Wetland majinis before my video, and I know people were surprised to see me shoot an acid right in front of a flashes majini and delay melee roundhouse it at the same time. Heck, even earlier in the year before Blacky quit mercs we both made a new strat for Sheva BSAA on prison so he could get the highest score on solo there, and it worked. We also devised a slightly different strat for x2 Sheva center prison strat, though higher has been done separate, still none higher have been done in center, more so on PS3. One of the last things we devised was a new strat for x2 Tribal on EF, and we almost beat the broken combo highscore for x2 with an actual full combo - not just ice luck and letting the combo break etc. The end was terrible on our run, so we could have smashed that score probably with a good end. I think that was the last time I ever played mercs before I sold my ps3.

Sheva's limitations (BSAA/tribal) Kept our brains busy, kept us trying new things, new strats. I know I've seen a few of my tribal solo strats that I devised used on videos as far as this year and I quit in 2013 pretty much. Someone has even made an account "BenRai13" as recent as earlier this year or something like that Lol.

So the point of my post is, as much as at the time on hard runs I wish she had been stronger...I wouldn't want her any different. Re5 Mercs was much more in favour of certain characters but it kept gameplay unique, different and runs were different between characters. Unlike RE6 where essentially every character was pretty much the same since it was just about countering. Only difference was the boss killing weapon which could make or break a run at the end.

Re5 mercs was great fun - and an accident it was so good. Capcom tried too hard with 6's and 3ds. Me and Blacky don't have Ps3s anymore, we moved to PS4. But we have fond memories of the strats and tricks we devised, and scores we got on the most inferior version. Part of me wishes Blacky really did go to PC and play, I know he'd do amazing for Sheva there. Her PC potential is no way neat met solo or duo. However, he ain't got time for that or interest now. 

« Last Edit: November 09, 2015, 08:48:00 AM by BenRai2k » Logged
Brawnysilverfox
Fucking Imbecile
TYRANT

♥ HP: 241

PS3

MrAxlrose1979
« Reply #64 on: November 09, 2015, 08:46:31 AM »

Sure it was interesting wathcing you guys improvise with tribal....most unique character since shes the only one without a gun. You did some great stuff with her that not many people would have patience/skill to get.

But talking bsaa, surely you would have liked 2hg + somersault to get a kill? wouldnt have changed her THAT much. And c'mon, there must have been times where you wished you could fire off a headshot to get a roundhouse lol. I can see your point about the double fang though.
BenRai2k
BRAVO

♥ HP: 102

PS3

GoldengirlsBen
« Reply #65 on: November 09, 2015, 08:52:15 AM »

Sure it was interesting wathcing you guys improvise with tribal....most unique character since shes the only one without a gun. You did some great stuff with her that not many people would have patience/skill to get.

But talking bsaa, surely you would have liked 2hg + somersault to get a kill? wouldnt have changed her THAT much. And c'mon, there must have been times where you wished you could fire off a headshot to get a roundhouse lol. I can see your point about the double fang though.

I think 2 shot somersault is possible in No Mercy and it felt like a breath of fresh air.

I'd have been fine with better headshot capabilities. But again, it was the leg stuns failing that bought all the hair-ripping, teeth smashing, head banging moments I look back on fondly...
« Last Edit: November 09, 2015, 08:59:11 AM by BenRai2k » Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: