Biohazard Mercenaries
October 15, 2019, 01:25:10 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: The forum is online but there are a lot of bugs i need to fix!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 ... 14   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Mercenaries Information Thread  (Read 20971 times)
0 Mercenaries and 1 Noob are viewing this topic.
Berserker
Kev0wnage
BSAA

♥ HP: 25

United States United States

PS3 & 360

BerserkerSTARS
« Reply #120 on: April 23, 2010, 08:31:34 PM »

kev thanks for that. also, is there a set number of guys that can come out of each individual spawning place. for example, where the 2nd exe comes from. is it possible to ''clear that spawning place'' out so we can focus on other places to kill

I really think there are about 10-12 enemies per spawn point... for most spawn points.  They appear to spawn randomly though.  I haven't really noticed if they spawn based on your location in a spawning region.  I really don't think they do.

One thing that I need to figure out for the bigger stages is which regions activate which spawn points.  That would be very helpful for maps with more than two regions.

---
My site - www.berserkersblog.blogspot.com
My youtube page - http://www.youtube.com/user/BerserkerSTARS
>> Resident Evil 5: The Mercenaries Reunion Guide - http://www.gamefaqs.com/console/ps3/file/980166/59792 <<

RE5 fiREd me then hiREd me again for part time employment.

RE5 said, "Back from the dead I see?  You know... scREw this old Mercs guide, I want a new one!  I want to fREelance you for the RE5t of the year.  Write me a new one.  Go now. Show the world what a dangerous drug I truly am.  Make me proud my boy!"

I said, "I shall give you a REbirth, RE5... just you wait!  I'll make them understand..."
Headminerve
RE4 Rep
Jack Krauser

♥ HP: 3

France France

PS3

HeadMinerve
« Reply #121 on: April 24, 2010, 11:15:09 AM »

In village, I think there's a little zone where no enemies spawn.
I grabbed all the timers and stood on south east of the story magnum area (in main story, a body carries a magnum under that "building").
So I stood there, killed starting majinis, and I let the time die till the end of the run. No one came to me. I can't believe all majinis who respawned after the starting majinis were campers, but that would be the only explanation. Or this zone doesn't spawn enemies (glitch ?).

www.youtube.com/headminerve
PSN ID : Head_Minerve
Choko_TS
Claire Redfield

♥ HP: -4

Germany Germany

PS3

ChokoTS91
« Reply #122 on: April 24, 2010, 01:42:25 PM »

I grabbed all the timers and stood on south east of the story magnum area (in main story, a body carries a magnum under that "building").
So I stood there, killed starting majinis, and I let the time die till the end of the run. No one came to me. I can't believe all majinis who respawned after the starting majinis were campers, but that would be the only explanation. Or this zone doesn't spawn enemies (glitch ?).

can you record this ? :o ...
yautjared
The Schemer
BSAA

♥ HP: 8

New Zealand New Zealand

« Reply #123 on: April 24, 2010, 01:48:54 PM »

I pretty much agree, when in Duo, seems that after you kill all majinis in that region, the other partner will have hard time dealing with at least 30-40 majinis after a simple one appear to you in the same map location.
Headminerve
RE4 Rep
Jack Krauser

France France

PS3

HeadMinerve
« Reply #124 on: April 25, 2010, 11:08:11 AM »

Chokobunny> I can't, but anyone can try it. The zone is on south east, you see on the map that kind of circle  ? I stood there, next to the spike trap, closer than the bounds of the map than the middle of the map.
I remember I had spawned a few enemies actually (after I waited minutes seeing noone around), by walking a few steps towards the middle of the map, then I stepped back, killed the majinis who came to me, and noone spawned then. It happens exactly the same thing than when you cross a spawning line : an ennemy calls.

Choko_TS
Claire Redfield

♥ HP: -4

Germany Germany

PS3

ChokoTS91
« Reply #125 on: April 25, 2010, 01:50:39 PM »

Chokobunny> I can't, but anyone can try it. The zone is on south east, you see on the map that kind of circle  ? I stood there, next to the spike trap, closer than the bounds of the map than the middle of the map.
I remember I had spawned a few enemies actually (after I waited minutes seeing noone around), by walking a few steps towards the middle of the map, then I stepped back, killed the majinis who came to me, and noone spawned then. It happens exactly the same thing than when you cross a spawning line : an ennemy calls.

okay..sounds like I've to search it, when I've enough time .. I hopefully dont forget it xD
Berserker
Kev0wnage
BSAA

PS3 & 360

BerserkerSTARS
« Reply #126 on: April 26, 2010, 12:36:42 AM »

Ancient Ruins

Region A

- Wetland Majini x30

Region B

- Wetland Majini x20

Region C

- Wetland Majini x20

Region D

- Wetland Majini x30

Region E

- Wetland Majini x28

Other Enemies

- Giant Majini 1 (starts in the stage [southwest area near 90 seconds])
- Giant Majini 2 (10 kills)
- Giant Majini 3 (40 kills)
- Giant Majini 4 (60 kills)
- Giant Majini 5 (70 kills)

- Torch Majini 1 (begins in stage - starts in the east tunnel on the bottom floor)
- Torch Majini 2 (spawns at 10 kills)
- Torch Majini 3 (spawns at 40 kills)
- Torch Majini 4 (spawns at 60 kills)
- Torch Majini 5 (spawns at 70 kills)
- Torch Majini 6 (spawns at 80 kills)
- Torch Majini 7 (spawns at 90 kills)

- Starting Majini x9 (Majini that begin in the stage)
- 1 chicken (starts in the alcove outside the southwest area)

30 + 20 + 20 +30 + 28 + 5 + 7 + 9 + 1 = 150
Enemy total = 150

Extra Notes on Regions

- Region A covers all of the southwest area with the 90 second timer, combo bonus and chicken.  The moment a player steps through either of the southwest doorways, that player will enter Region B.

- Region B begins outside the southwest area and extends to the north.  It's north boundary stops at the very top of the first middle staircase in the south.  It's east boundary stops at the wall that hides a 30 second timer.

- Region C includes the majority of the southeast area.  It includes the bottom tunnel and a good bit of the second floor walkway above the tunnel.  The north boundary stops right where the north wall of the tunnel ends.  The area behind the wall to the southwest with the 30 second timer is part of this region.

- Region D covers the northwest portion of the map.  It's southwest boundaries take up the walkway that leads to the north lower walkway from the west side.  The top of the staircase that leads to the north and the walkway below the stairs are actually in Region E however.

- Region E covers most of the north portion of the map.  It covers the lower and upper portion of the north walkway to the east.  It's boundaries stretch to the top of the south staircase in the middle but only extend toward the north wall of the bottom floor tunnel in the east.

Experimental Facility

Region A

- Base Majini x30
- Licker Beta x30

Region B

- Base Majini x30
- Licker Beta x42

Other Enemies

- Rocket Launcher Majini 1 (spawns from top floor spawn point at 10 kills)
- Rocket Launcher Majini 2  (30 kills)
- Rocket Launcher Majini 3 (40 kills)
- Rocket Launcher Majini 4 & 5 (60 kills)
- Rocket Launcher Majini 6 & 7 (70 kills)
- Rocket Launcher Majini 8 & 9 (80 kills)

- Starting Majini x8 (Majini that begin in the stage)
- 1 chicken (starts right outside the elevator on the top floor)

60 + 72 + 9 + 8 + 1 = 150
Enemy total = 150

Extra Notes on Regions

- Region A covers the B1 floor and first floor.

- Region B covers the second floor and third floor.

- 8 Majini and 1 chicken start in the stage and the other 3 Base Majini spawn from spawn points after the stage begins for a total of 12 enemies.

I'll go back through and add more details on Giant Majini, Torch Majini and Rocket Launcher Majini spawning areas later.  Really, the AR map probably needs to be redone since it doesn't show how some of the region boundaries overlap.

Haven't tried the Village glitch yet.  Very interesting.  Thanks for mentioning that Headminerve.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2010, 03:41:47 PM by Berserker » Logged

---
>> Resident Evil 5: The Mercenaries Reunion Guide - http://www.gamefaqs.com/console/ps3/file/980166/59792 <<

RE5 said, "Back from the dead I see?  You know... scREw this old Mercs guide, I want a new one!  I want to fREelance you for the RE5t of the year.  Write me a new one.  Go now. Show the world what a dangerous drug I truly am.  Make me proud my boy!"

I said, "I shall give you a REbirth, RE5... just you wait!  I'll make them understand..."
Headminerve
RE4 Rep
Jack Krauser

France France

PS3

HeadMinerve
« Reply #127 on: April 26, 2010, 05:38:47 AM »

Something else is screwing my mind about the starting majinis ! XD

In EF, 8 enemies  are on screen (incl. chicken), and an extera majini spawns. In PA, MA and Prison, 11 enemies are on screen and 1 extra maj spanws too. I assume in all the maps, an extra maj spawnsat the beginning so. Tell me if any map is different.

Who is that extra majini ???!

- Is he one majini of one of the areas ? In this case, we would have only 149 enemies in the map.
- Is he a random majini from a scripted "bank of majinis" (data base) ? In this case,  the virtual bank has several enemies from each spawning point, and we can make a list of all of them.
- Is he a majini from a random area which is duplicated from this area ? For example if in MA, a dynamite spawns from the missiles outlet, he lmay be a duplicated maj of a dynamite who spawns there usually. So if he's a duplicated scripted ceph, we'll get an extra scripted ceph in the run.

Idk if I make myself clear... :-[

Berserker
Kev0wnage
BSAA

PS3 & 360

BerserkerSTARS
« Reply #128 on: April 28, 2010, 02:21:45 PM »

It's pretty hard to say for certain how many Majini are in each stage from the beginning and which ones spawn.  I've only actually tried to figure that out in Reunion so far.  The beginning Majini are different there.  On EF, the stage only has three Lickers in the stage from the beginning and the rest of the Lickers and Base Majini all spawn after the stage begins.  There is no way I'm going to go back through and redo that map to show that though. xD

On AR Reunion, I've noticed that there is always one Majini that spawns from a particular spawn point at the beginning.  In other stages like EF in normal Mercs though, it seems like the spawning for the first few Majini is random.

For all of these maps that I'm doing, I'm just getting the enemy numbers from the official strategy guide mainly.  I am checking a few areas, but it would be too time consuming to check them all at the moment for me.

With Ship Deck, the official guide was very accurate with their spawning regions.  It's strange how the bottom two regions don't overlap though.  It's almost as if there is a certain portion in the middle where no enemies will spawn.

Oh, and as for Missile Area, I'll post up that info later.  Missile Area is the most interesting and complicated map out of all of them.  Was quite fun to finally figure the stage out.

Ship Deck

Region A

- Town Majini x52

Region B

- Town Majini x40

Region C

- Town Majini x40

Other Enemies

- Chainsaw Majini 1 (blue) (spawns from crane at the start of the stage)
- Chainsaw Majini 2 (red) (spawns from crane at 20 kills)
- Chainsaw Majini 3 (blue) (spawns from crane at 20 kills)
- Chainsaw Majini 4 (red) (spawns from crane at 30 kills)
- Chainsaw Majini 5 (red) (spawns from crane at 40 kills)
- Chainsaw Majini 6 (red) (spawns from crane at 50 kills)
- Chainsaw Majini 7 (blue) (spawns from crane at 50 kills)

- Starting Majini x10 (Majini that begin in the stage)
- 1 chicken (starts near 60 second time in the far north area)

52 + 40 + 40 + 7 + 10 + 1 = 150
Enemy total = 150

Extra Notes on Regions

- Region A covers the majority of the southwest area.  Its east boundary ends in the middle portion to the east and its north boundary ends right across from the platform with the west combo bonus.

- Region B covers the majority of the southeast area.  Its west boundary ends in the middle portion to the west and its north boundary ends right across from the area that contains the east combo bonus.

- Region C covers the north portion of the map and its south boundary ends right before the narrow path near the row of large crates.

- Region A and B do not intersect.

Prison

Region A

- Town Majini x122
- Big Man Majini x14

Other Enemies

- Executioner Majini (red) (starts in the B1 portion of the map)
- Executioner Majini (normal) (leaps down from spawn point above the top floor combo chest after the first red Executioner is killed)
- Executioner Majini (red) (leaps down from spawn point above the bottom portion of the stair corridor on the top floor at 50 kills)
- Executioner Majini (normal) (leaps down from spawn point above the top portion of the stair corridor on the top floor at 90 kills)
- Executioner Majini (red) (leaps down from spawn point above the bottom portion of the stair corridor on the top floor at 120 kills)

- Starting Majini x8 (Majini that begin in the stage)
- 1 chicken (starts in the area with the combo bonus behind the fence in the northeast)

136 + 5 + 8 + 1 = 150
Enemy total = 150

Extra Notes on Regions

- Region A covers the full map.  Prison only has one region.

- The spawn point above the bottom portion of the stairway corridor is connected with the ceiling spawn point on the ceiling of the cell corridor (the one near the 30 second timer in the cell).  Basically if a player is on the staircase, enemies will drop from the small building spawn point but if a player is in the cell corridor then the same enemies will drop from the ceiling spawn point at the southeast end.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2010, 03:47:20 PM by Berserker » Logged

---

Berserker
Kev0wnage
BSAA

PS3 & 360

BerserkerSTARS
« Reply #129 on: May 03, 2010, 04:41:28 PM »

Missile Area

* Region B DOES cover all of the 30 second platform.  My linework is a bit off.  The official strategy guide shows Region A and B extending all the way across Missile Area, but I thought it was best to split them up.  They are the only two regions on the top floors.

Region A

- Town Majini x20

Region B

- Town Majini x20

Region C

- Town Majini x20

Region D

- Town Majini x30

Region E

- Town Majini x25

Region F

- Town Majini x20

Other Enemies

- Gatling Gun Majini 1 (yellow) (spawns from the high ledge spawn point above the tall ladder in the north at 20 kills)
- Gatling Gun Majini 2 (yellow) (spawns from the high doorway spawn point inside the central shaft at 60 kills)
- Gatling Gun Majini 3 (red) (spawns from the ceiling spawn point in the top floor office at 90 kills)

- Starting Majini x11 (Majini that begin in the stage)
- 1 chicken (starts in the area with explosive barrel, combo chest and first aid spray pickup beside the south conveyor belt)

20 + 20 + 20 + 30 +25 +20 + 3 + 11 + 1 = 150
Enemy total = 150

Extra Notes on Regions

-- Region A (green)

Region A is split into two portions.  The south portion covers the entire second floor walkway in the south and the northern portion covers the majority of the middle walkway in the north up until the walkway stretches across the bottom floor in the north area.

-- Region B (yellow)

Region B is split into two portions just like Region A.  It covers the north portion of the south high walkway.  The bottom portion of the stairs on the west side of the south walkway is where the south boundary starts for the south portion of this region.  On the middle walkway, this regions covers the platform with the 30 second timer, the narrow walkway to the east of the platform and the side of the walkway in front of the middle shaft before reaching the path that leads to the east storage room.

-- Region C (red)

Region C covers all of the bottom portion of the south floor up until a player passes underneath the south overhead walkway.

-- Region D (orange)

Regions D starts below the stairs that lead up to the middle portion of the bottom floor of the stage.  It's boundary extends to the north up until a player steps past the top walkway along the conveyor belt that leads to the storage room.

-- Region E (light blue)

Region E begins near the west area with the missiles on the wall past the railing.  The region extends all the way to the south up until a player drops from the north end of either walkway that hangs over the north conveyor belt.

-- Region F (purple)

Region F covers the entire bottom floor of the north area.  A player can stand on the north portion of the middle conveyor belt and still be in this region. The north portion of the middle high walkway is also included in this area.  A player can stand right next to the potion of the walkway in front of the tall ladder and hop over the gap then stand on the piece of walkway to the east and still be in this area.

---

advoc8r
Say It Like Wesker!
BSAA

♥ HP: 33

PS3

« Reply #130 on: May 03, 2010, 04:49:54 PM »

when did chris stars get the big ass , btw super work berserker  !

HAAH (say it like wesker)

I really need this game NOA! =P  - berserker-
Headminerve
RE4 Rep
Jack Krauser

France France

PS3

HeadMinerve
« Reply #131 on: May 05, 2010, 04:18:43 PM »

Great job, here's what MA really looks like. ;D

Region C should go a little further to the north. If you stand in the basement area, you can spawn Region C by sticking to the south-east wall. Also, you can spawn Region C up to the western stairs, that emphasizes the fact the spawning line goes a bit further. :)

RogerRockmore
BSAA

♥ HP: 12

Turkey Turkey

« Reply #132 on: May 14, 2010, 12:53:23 PM »

Great work Big Baaaaaaaaaaassssaerker :) and Head Minerve.

About the spawning glitch area on Village: I think we should experiment on this level to find a spawning area but has some sort of filtering effect with majini's. The current strat is very hard to pull off succesfully as your just fighting around the centre with very "saucy" majini lol. It would be tricky even with town majini let alone Wetlands types. I think an area to attract them/allign them would make 600k+ extremely easy.

Berserker
Kev0wnage
BSAA

PS3 & 360

BerserkerSTARS
« Reply #133 on: June 27, 2010, 01:19:10 AM »

Alright.  I finally added the rest of the spawning region info to the first post.  Some of it has some slight errors, but I'll have to get to that later.

Starting next week, I'll probably start redoing my original Mercs guide.  I've already got an extra version on my laptop that I'm editing right now.

For stage strategies, I think it would really be best just to link to videos and describe what the person is doing.  All current strategies that I have in place will most likely be taken out.  A good bit of character info needs to be redone.

God, how I dread trying to redo the Wesker sections with extensive detail.  I could make an entire FAQ for that character really (STARS and Midnight).  I might just link to kiriko's videos a good bit.

---

advoc8r
Say It Like Wesker!
BSAA

♥ HP: 33

PS3

« Reply #134 on: June 27, 2010, 01:29:23 AM »

berserker the beloved !

HAAH (say it like wesker)

I really need this game NOA! =P  - berserker-
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 ... 14   Go Up
  Print