Biohazard Mercenaries
November 13, 2019, 03:36:25 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: The forum is online but there are a lot of bugs i need to fix!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Mercenaries Information Thread  (Read 21512 times)
0 Mercenaries and 1 Noob are viewing this topic.
pixpinallen
鼯鼠
Ada Wong

♥ HP: 0

Taiwan Taiwan

PS3

« Reply #135 on: July 18, 2010, 08:05:11 AM »

very useful information
but i still have problem dealing ruins duvalia
i was just so lucky that i once faced 4 duvalia in a row
and two of them spawn at the same time!!!

thanks for all your information
hope you finish reunion's melee damage

我是鼯鼠
Berserker
Kev0wnage
BSAA

♥ HP: 25

United States United States

PS3 & 360

BerserkerSTARS
« Reply #136 on: July 29, 2010, 03:40:23 PM »

Since I know this stage pretty well now.  This is the complete list of scripted Cephalos for Missile Area.  I'm using a new format here and will try to update the rest of the list this same way.  I took out "When" since the Majini spawn at random usually and if you're playing duo or solo, the spawning times will be different depending on when you step into that specific area of enemy spawning.

For info on the spawning regions, look at the spawning region info.  The MA map does have some inconsistencies, but it's correct for the most part.

I'm still slightly unsure if the weaponless Majini spawns from the spawn point that I have listed, but he usually comes from around that area.

MISSILE AREA

There are quite a few Majini in Missile Area that will usually spawn a Cephalo after any type of critical hit that shatters their head.  Using headshots or performing a critical ground melee to a Majini's head greatly increases the chances for a Cephalo spawn in Missile Area.  Avoid all shots to the head or melees that hit the head directly if possible.  Angle melees away from the head portion.

-- Cephalo

Type of Majini: Majini with Megaphone
Spawning Region: 90 second area
Spawn Point Facing the set of door on the high north walkway, he exits the right doorway.

-- Cephalo

Type of Majini: Cocktail Majini
Spawning Region: Chicken area
Spawn Point Spawns from ceiling spawn point above the 30 seconds in the middle area (west side/near missiles).

-- Cephalo

Type of Majini: Majini with long pipe
Spawning Region: middle 30 second platform/30 seconds on high south walkway
Spawn Point Spawns from the ceiling spawn point in the south office room.

-- Cephalo

Type of Majini: Majini with handaxe
Spawning Region: first floor middle area
Spawn Point Spawns from the ceiling spawn point in the storage room on the middle high walkway

-- Cephalo

Spawn Point Spawns from the ceiling spawn point in the storage room on the middle high walkway

-- Cephalo

-- Cephalo

Type of Majini: Majini (weaponless)
Spawning Region: middle 30 second platform/30 seconds on high south walkway
Spawn Point Spawns from the ceiling spawn point above the 30 seconds and first aid spray on the east side of the middle area.

-- Cephalo

Type of Majini: Majini with machete
Spawning Region: chicken area
Spawn Point Spawns from the ceiling spawn point above the 30 seconds on the high south walkway.

---
My site - www.berserkersblog.blogspot.com
My youtube page - http://www.youtube.com/user/BerserkerSTARS
>> Resident Evil 5: The Mercenaries Reunion Guide - http://www.gamefaqs.com/console/ps3/file/980166/59792 <<

RE5 fiREd me then hiREd me again for part time employment.

RE5 said, "Back from the dead I see?  You know... scREw this old Mercs guide, I want a new one!  I want to fREelance you for the RE5t of the year.  Write me a new one.  Go now. Show the world what a dangerous drug I truly am.  Make me proud my boy!"

I said, "I shall give you a REbirth, RE5... just you wait!  I'll make them understand..."
Berserker
Kev0wnage
BSAA

PS3 & 360

BerserkerSTARS
« Reply #137 on: August 17, 2010, 08:15:16 AM »

I had this requested a few days ago, and thought it was a good idea to list out:

Mercenaries Combo System with Combo Chests

Kills      Normal Bonus   Bonus w/Combo Chest    Actual Bonus received

02        = +20                    +1000                             +980
   03        = +50                    +1000                             +950
   04        = +100                  +1000                             +900
   05        = +200                  +1000                             +800
   06        = +250                  +1000                             +750
   07        = +300                  +1000                             +700
   08        = +350                  +1000                             +650
   09        = +400                  +1000                             +600
   10 - 19 = +500                  +1000                             +500
   20 - 29 = +600                  +1000                             +400
   30 - 39 = +700                  +1000                             +300
   40 - 49 = +850                  +1000                             +150
   50+      = +1000                +1000                             +0

Basically, this shows the point value that you get when you pick up a combo chest at the kills listed above.  All of the bonuses add up to 1000 points.  When you pick up a combo chest you receive:

1000 points (combo chest amount) - Regular Combo Bonus for that kill  = Current kill point amount

The table above breaks it apart for those that are interested.

To me, it's kind of questionable to pick up one after 20 kills really.  At 40 kills, however, I feel you're absolutely wasting time since you only gain 150 points extra.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2010, 08:21:29 AM by Berserker » Logged

---
>> Resident Evil 5: The Mercenaries Reunion Guide - http://www.gamefaqs.com/console/ps3/file/980166/59792 <<

RE5 said, "Back from the dead I see?  You know... scREw this old Mercs guide, I want a new one!  I want to fREelance you for the RE5t of the year.  Write me a new one.  Go now. Show the world what a dangerous drug I truly am.  Make me proud my boy!"

I said, "I shall give you a REbirth, RE5... just you wait!  I'll make them understand..."
advoc8r
Say It Like Wesker!
BSAA

♥ HP: 33

PS3

« Reply #138 on: August 30, 2010, 11:32:38 PM »

iirc no one has described clothing of scripted mutations , or is that random as well ?  that's what i notice 1st . the clothes make the majini  !  they dress 4 success !

HAAH (say it like wesker)

I really need this game NOA! =P  - berserker-
The Krauser
Krausinator
Albert Wesker

♥ HP: 1

KrauserFan2010
« Reply #139 on: August 31, 2010, 06:15:17 AM »

iirc no one has described clothing of scripted mutations , or is that random as well ?  that's what i notice 1st . the clothes make the majini  !  they dress 4 success !

I think it is random each time. Take for example the scripted majini with the megaphone that spawns by the 90 second timer on MA. The clothing has never been the same each time I have encountered him.

You don't stand a chance! *Rhino Charge*
XBL Gamertag: TheC73M Krauser
The C-Team is who you go to when the A-Team is on vacation.
Berserker
Kev0wnage
BSAA

PS3 & 360

BerserkerSTARS
« Reply #140 on: September 03, 2010, 10:10:09 PM »

Yeah, the scripted Majini always seem to wear different clothes and have different features.  Only their weapons stay the same.

BTW, I'm not done with all the stuff in these two threads.  I'll get back to them eventually.

Just taking a MAJOR break from RE5 at the moment to do other things for the most part. I'll never leave the game behind though.  I'm still playing, just not near as much at the moment.

---

pixpinallen
鼯鼠
Ada Wong

Taiwan Taiwan

PS3

« Reply #141 on: September 04, 2010, 03:15:41 AM »

hey breserker, it is a nice and helpful thread
about the information of the giant majini's health and damage modifiers,
i find out that your information of giant majini has some little mistakes
(or maybe it is me wrong, i just want to share what i found)

i think that giant majini's health is not 5000HP
if it is, when playing as j.suit, it should be kill in 5 shot to body
however, i shoot it in leg for 8 times (1440HP*8=11520) and two roundhouse melee (700HP)to kill it

and i read some japanese website, some guns can hurt a specific enemies more or less in resident evil5
so i tried it, and here is my result: the giant majini's health is 4000HP
and damage modifiers are:
BodyX1.0, Back & LegsX1.2 , magnum X0.8, rifleX0.3, machine gunX0.3~0.5, shotgunX0.3~0.4, handgunX0.5

here are my test data:
wesker midnight, 1 M500(mag) to body + 4 P8(hg) to body
4300*0.8 + 300*4*0.5 = 3440 + 600 = 4040
or 1 M500 to leg
4300*0.8*1.2 = 4128

wesker stars, 2 L.Hawk(mag) to body + 2 samurai edge(hg) to body
2300*2*0.8 + 400*2*0.5 = 3680 + 400 = 4080

jill battlesuit, 8 PSG(rif) to leg + 2 roundhouse melee
1200*8*0.3*1.2 + 350*2 = 3456 + 700 = 4156

chris stars, 2 M29(mag) to leg
2100*2*0.8*1.2 = 4032
or 1 M29(mag) to body + 1 M29(mag) to leg + 4 SIG556(mg) to body or leg
2100*0.8 + 2100*0.8*1.2 + 160*4*0.5 = 1680 + 2016 + 320 = 4016
« Last Edit: September 04, 2010, 10:50:33 PM by pixpinallen » Logged

我是鼯鼠
Berserker
Kev0wnage
BSAA

PS3 & 360

BerserkerSTARS
« Reply #142 on: September 04, 2010, 11:31:55 PM »

Thanks for the info.  I'll get back to adding/updating it eventually. :)

I got your PM also.  Thanks.

---

GotACoolName
Chris Redfield

« Reply #143 on: October 14, 2010, 12:10:45 AM »

Lately I've been intensely obsessed with Sheva in both mercs modes, so I have to ask: How is it that BSAA Sheva can't kill standard male town majini with a handgun chest shot + handgun leg shot + somersault the vast majority of the time? 250 + 225 + 350 = 825. I don't understand. Figured I'd ask here since this thread lists all the characters' stats.
Berserker
Kev0wnage
BSAA

PS3 & 360

BerserkerSTARS
« Reply #144 on: October 14, 2010, 12:51:28 AM »

Some of the Sheva info could be off in the stats list.  That info was taken from the official RE5 strategy guide.  I skimmed over some of it before adding it but never got to all of it.  I think they had her arm melees listed as 250, but it's actually around 200.  The leg melee damage could be wrong also.

I've heard that she can kill Base Majini and certain Majini on the Mines (besides cocktail and dynamite) with a chest shot + leg shot + Soumersault.  I've never really tried either of them out for myself though.

---

GotACoolName
Chris Redfield

« Reply #145 on: October 14, 2010, 01:29:31 AM »

Thanks for the input. My experience with using her has been that it kills (normal town majini) every once in a while...say, 30% of the time. I've asked Seitengrate/JuJu about it in YouTube comments and was given an explanation something to effect of, the first bullet has to hit them in the upper chest, close to the head; if it hits the lower chest or arm, the somersault won't kill. Which seems to defy the head/chest/leg shot multipliers, so it doesn't leave me any less confused. :s

I've seen a lot of different information about melee damage, but there seems to me to be a pattern where the male characters' melees are slightly stronger than the females'. Uppercut/Tiger Uppercut does 400 vs. Somersault's/Sweep Kick's 350, arm melees are 250 vs. 200, Straight does 400 while Roundhouse and High Kick do 350. 350 for Somersault fits the pattern, but it does make me wonder if the official guide is wrong, especially if that's where all the guides get their info from.
Berserker
Kev0wnage
BSAA

PS3 & 360

BerserkerSTARS
« Reply #146 on: October 14, 2010, 07:00:01 PM »

The Soumersault most likely kills sometimes because the Soumersault hits the Majini in the head.  If any type of melee hits a Majini in the head, it will take more than normal.  That's why Safari Chris appears to have a random factor as to whether or not his straight will kill after a handgun headshot - his straight can hit the head sometimes and sometimes not (even if you try to aim it).

Arm stun melees are the same way.  ALL melees can hit the head at some point.  With Wesker's dash, I think it always hits the head whenever it is aimed at the front of a Majini - that's why it often spawns a Cephalo on MA.  On Versus, you can actually get extra points for it while hitting an enemy player from the front, because it hits the enemy player in the head.

I've never heard of normal Majini having different areas of damage besides head/body/legs.  The only enemy that has a bunch of damage areas that I know of is the Executioner - head/body/arms/legs.  I know that sometimes I aim for the lower chest sometimes and hit the leg a bunch of times on accident.  That happens a bunch with STARS Chris.

As for the melee damage from the guidebook being correct or not, some of it could easily be wrong.  The weapon damage might be wrong as well.  I never have really tried all of the damage rates.

---

advoc8r
Say It Like Wesker!
BSAA

♥ HP: 33

PS3

« Reply #147 on: October 14, 2010, 11:29:42 PM »

good stuff bkev  !

HAAH (say it like wesker)

I really need this game NOA! =P  - berserker-
Brawnysilverfox
Fucking Imbecile
TYRANT

♥ HP: 241

United Kingdom United Kingdom

PS3

MrAxlrose1979
« Reply #148 on: October 29, 2010, 12:37:11 PM »

Question: If Giant Majini have 5000 health, and STARS Chris's magnum does 2100 damage, then why is the big fella dying after 2 legs shots?!
The Krauser
Krausinator
Albert Wesker

♥ HP: 1

KrauserFan2010
« Reply #149 on: October 29, 2010, 01:21:00 PM »

Question: If Giant Majini have 5000 health, and STARS Chris's magnum does 2100 damage, then why is the big fella dying after 2 legs shots?!

Certain limbs grant damage modifiers. Shooting the legs do more damage than the head. Obviously because of that big helmet. I forget the percentage of the modifier, but it is enough to kill him.

EDIT: I just looked at Kev's guide and the modifier is 20%. So two magnum shots to the leg does 5040 total damage.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2010, 01:28:03 PM by The Krauser » Logged

You don't stand a chance! *Rhino Charge*
XBL Gamertag: TheC73M Krauser
The C-Team is who you go to when the A-Team is on vacation.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: