Biohazard Mercenaries
October 18, 2019, 01:10:52 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: The forum is online but there are a lot of bugs i need to fix!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 14   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Mercenaries Information Thread  (Read 21054 times)
0 Mercenaries and 1 Noob are viewing this topic.
justMatt
Albert Wesker

♥ HP: 0

United Kingdom United Kingdom

« Reply #15 on: December 14, 2009, 04:18:40 PM »

My scripted cephalo guy made the list! He was annoying me so much in solo I thought he must have been trying to get on the list :D
Hey i just realized that i think you can stop that spear majini near the chicken in the village from spawning a cephalo. The player that starts on top near the time bonus and red herb can kick the trap near the bonus.
So those traps can stop plaga  spawns? I just know that they are really powerful, I have killed a Giant Majini before by spearing him as he went on the bridge.

As long as you're happy

GT - RSAmatt
furbe8
Sheva Alomar

Singapore Singapore

PS3

« Reply #16 on: December 14, 2009, 10:07:52 PM »

You can toss a grenade down to the majini who guards the chicken area in village to prevent the cephalo from coming out. This is especially useful in duo because it saves a lot of time for the bottom spawn player. I still haven't got the trajectory of the aim down yet though, tossing it from the hut spawn. Anyone good at this part?
Immortal_Neji
Frénçh Màfïà
BSAA

France France

PS3

« Reply #17 on: December 15, 2009, 03:55:53 AM »

You can toss a grenade down to the majini who guards the chicken area in village to prevent the cephalo from coming out. This is especially useful in duo because it saves a lot of time for the bottom spawn player. I still haven't got the trajectory of the aim down yet though, tossing it from the hut spawn. Anyone good at this part?
i tried but it was epic fail lol , you can see it in the kenbio vidz

" When we get back , i'm buying you two a round "

PS3 Trophies
Berserker
Kev0wnage
BSAA

♥ HP: 25

United States United States

PS3 & 360

BerserkerSTARS
« Reply #18 on: December 22, 2009, 01:04:32 AM »

- Added a "SCRIPTED CRITICALS LIST"

I think only The Mines has scripted criticals.

---
My site - www.berserkersblog.blogspot.com
My youtube page - http://www.youtube.com/user/BerserkerSTARS
>> Resident Evil 5: The Mercenaries Reunion Guide - http://www.gamefaqs.com/console/ps3/file/980166/59792 <<

RE5 fiREd me then hiREd me again for part time employment.

RE5 said, "Back from the dead I see?  You know... scREw this old Mercs guide, I want a new one!  I want to fREelance you for the RE5t of the year.  Write me a new one.  Go now. Show the world what a dangerous drug I truly am.  Make me proud my boy!"

I said, "I shall give you a REbirth, RE5... just you wait!  I'll make them understand..."
andrew932
BANNED
SUSPENDED

♥ HP: 1

BANNED

« Reply #19 on: December 22, 2009, 01:19:53 AM »

Wow Berserker, your my hero. Now have a + Karma

justMatt
Albert Wesker

« Reply #20 on: December 22, 2009, 12:55:57 PM »

There are 2 wetlands majini in AR without spears (grabbing type) who spawn around the area with 2 flashes, time and combo bonus on I think the east side that are scripted cephalos. Not sure exactly when they spawn but it's usually when you have cleared every1 else from the area they spawn from so in HITORI strat 30-35 kills

As long as you're happy

GT - RSAmatt
BoBo_273
BSAA

Canada Canada

PS3

« Reply #21 on: December 24, 2009, 05:30:30 PM »

There are actually 3 more scripted Cephalos you can add to Ancient Ruins. They spawn around the 90 mark and I've experimented with this as well. They're 3 Wetland Majini with no weapons. They will always spawn a Cephalo. I'm not sure of the exact spawn location, but they spawn on the side of the map where the 60 second clock as well as the 90 second clock (with 2 Flash Grenades). One or 2 could spawn a random Cephalo, but there are 3 that are scripted.
RogerRockmore
BSAA

♥ HP: 12

Turkey Turkey

« Reply #22 on: December 24, 2009, 06:31:52 PM »

Thanks alot Kev. Cancelling out a potential Duvalia spawn with a rotten egg is great. On AR you tend to know when the majini will be a duvalia. Especially at the end. It will save a lot of time when you have no flash grenades left.
Berserker
Kev0wnage
BSAA

PS3 & 360

BerserkerSTARS
« Reply #23 on: December 25, 2009, 12:22:44 AM »

Thanks for all the extra info everyone.

Yeah, I've noticed that the east side has quite a few Cephalos on the way back while on that side in duo.  I've started neck breaking the majority of the Majini on the way back while on that side.  I know the scripted Cephalos are shown in many videos.

Too bad I can't find the spawn point.  I could tell someone to keep the combo for me and wait while I examine the spawn points and wait for the scripted Cephalo to hop out I guess.

Yeah, we're about to get a higher 800K score, but - oh, wait - Berserker wants to test something. ::)

All jokes aside, I'm pretty sure they hop out from the spawn point above the staircase or the high ledge spawn point on the bottom floor near that side.

---
>> Resident Evil 5: The Mercenaries Reunion Guide - http://www.gamefaqs.com/console/ps3/file/980166/59792 <<

RE5 said, "Back from the dead I see?  You know... scREw this old Mercs guide, I want a new one!  I want to fREelance you for the RE5t of the year.  Write me a new one.  Go now. Show the world what a dangerous drug I truly am.  Make me proud my boy!"

I said, "I shall give you a REbirth, RE5... just you wait!  I'll make them understand..."
Berserker
Kev0wnage
BSAA

PS3 & 360

BerserkerSTARS
« Reply #24 on: January 05, 2010, 08:33:53 PM »

- Added several unlisted Cephalos to Ship Deck and a few to Ancient Ruins

Big thanks to Ship Deck thread for his/her help with Ship Deck scripted Cephalos.

I might play solo AR and SD a bit to find the more exact locations.  Would be interesting to pinpoint the Cephalos on Ship Deck

---

advoc8r
Say It Like Wesker!
BSAA

♥ HP: 33

PS3

« Reply #25 on: January 06, 2010, 03:51:23 AM »

- Added several unlisted Cephalos to Ship Deck and a few to Ancient Ruins

Big thanks to Ship Deck thread for his/her help with Ship Deck scripted Cephalos.

I might play solo AR and SD a bit to find the more exact locations.  Would be interesting to pinpoint the Cephalos on Ship Deck
ur a treasure , i 4 1 appreciate u 2 no end , i honestly wait with baited breath 4 ur updates !!

HAAH (say it like wesker)

I really need this game NOA! =P  - berserker-
justMatt
Albert Wesker

« Reply #26 on: January 08, 2010, 09:05:10 AM »

Ok so I've tried this out a few times and have come to a conclusion i hope you'll all agree with: on MA cephalos will always spawn at the worst moment possible ;)

As long as you're happy

GT - RSAmatt
Berserker
Kev0wnage
BSAA

PS3 & 360

BerserkerSTARS
« Reply #27 on: January 09, 2010, 02:09:00 AM »

Ok so I've tried this out a few times and have come to a conclusion i hope you'll all agree with: on MA cephalos will always spawn at the worst moment possible ;)

So very true.  If you think a Majini is a Cephalo then it isn't... but if you think it is a Cephalo then... it wasn't. Playing MA is like playing a game of Minesweeper... and I never was good at that game. I hate it to hell. =(

BTW, I think I now see some more scripted Cephalos in the bottom cave tunnel of the Mines now.  They appear all the time on videos that I watch.  I'll add them soon.  Watch a video closely and look for two Majini with shovels that spawn Cephalos around the 70th and 100th kill in the bottom Mines tunnel respectively.

---

justMatt
Albert Wesker

« Reply #28 on: January 10, 2010, 08:42:27 AM »

Ok forget my earlier post, cephalos on MA are completely random. I just had a few runs where I got several cephalos in a row. They weren't really at the worst moment but it was still very annoying  >:( But just generally on MA you should try not to rely on the hope that a cephalo won't spawn to save the combo because it probably will. Also, don't try knee cannoning too many enemies because it also greatly increases cephalo chances.

I've tested PA a bit as well and I'm almost completely certain female majini will always spawn cephalos if you knee cannon, which leads me to believe knee cannons are almost as bad as head crushes

As long as you're happy

GT - RSAmatt
Berserker
Kev0wnage
BSAA

PS3 & 360

BerserkerSTARS
« Reply #29 on: January 10, 2010, 10:00:17 AM »

One thing that I have noticed about MA is that it seems that there are certain Majini that are MORE likely to become Cephalos if you perform some type of critical to them.  If you use the old Kurono-K duo strategy, there is one that moves up the stairs after your character on the north side of MA that will almost ALWAYS become a Cephalo if a critical of any type is performed to him.

For instance, with STARS Chris, if I stomp this certain Majini in the head, it will become a Cephalo.  If I uppercut it and the uppercut turns out to be a critical then it will spawn a Cephalo.  If I kill it normally with a melee that isn't critical or through normal gunfire then it will NOT become a Cephalo.  It's much more than the random females on PA also.  This seems to be constant.  Believe me, I have restarted a game CONSTANTLY because of this and it was always because of a critical head stomp or uppercut.

It's like there are scripted Cephalos on MA that will only spawn when a critical is done to them, but you need a critical to activate them.  If that's true, it would sort of explain this "luck" that some players have with very few Cephalos - a pair of Wesker's do not get many critical headshots that cause the Cephalos to spawn.

I believe there are some true scripted one's there though, hidden among the constant seemingly random spawns.

That's just a bunch of theory though. :)

---

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 14   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: