Biohazard Mercenaries
July 03, 2020, 10:08:17 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: The forum is online but there are a lot of bugs i need to fix!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 14   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Mercenaries Information Thread  (Read 27399 times)
0 Mercenaries and 1 Noob are viewing this topic.
justMatt
Albert Wesker

♥ HP: 0

United Kingdom United Kingdom

« Reply #30 on: January 10, 2010, 11:40:57 AM »

There probably are about 5 or more scripted cephalos in MA but it would be even more difficult to find out than in other stages because so many more majini are blown up by dynamite and they may/may not have turned into cephalos.
I think you're right in saying that criticals greatly raise cephalo chance, most of the knee cannons I was talking about were criticals. Maybe cobra striking majini in the back would lower cephalo rate, reduce the amount of cobras done to the head.

As long as you're happy

GT - RSAmatt
Max20002000
Chris Redfield

« Reply #31 on: January 14, 2010, 03:57:15 PM »

Thank you for the guide
advoc8r
Say It Like Wesker!
BSAA

♥ HP: 33

United States United States

PS3

« Reply #32 on: January 14, 2010, 04:11:13 PM »

yes max2x2k i am also very grateful 4 berserker and his strategy guides , i hope more mercs are 2 !!

HAAH (say it like wesker)

I really need this game NOA! =P  - berserker-
Berserker
Kev0wnage
BSAA

♥ HP: 25

PS3 & 360

BerserkerSTARS
« Reply #33 on: January 14, 2010, 06:12:15 PM »

Thank you for the guide
yes max2x2k i am also very grateful 4 berserker and his strategy guides , i hope more mercs are 2 !!

Thanks for the posts, both of you!

I'm probably not going to be updating my threads on this board that much this month.  I'm working on Darkside Chronicles at the moment.  If you see me idle on the boards then that's most likely what I'm busy with.

It should only take about another two weeks really... maybe a bit longer.  I don't really know.

---
My site - www.berserkersblog.blogspot.com
My youtube page - http://www.youtube.com/user/BerserkerSTARS
>> Resident Evil 5: The Mercenaries Reunion Guide - http://www.gamefaqs.com/console/ps3/file/980166/59792 <<

RE5 fiREd me then hiREd me again for part time employment.

RE5 said, "Back from the dead I see?  You know... scREw this old Mercs guide, I want a new one!  I want to fREelance you for the RE5t of the year.  Write me a new one.  Go now. Show the world what a dangerous drug I truly am.  Make me proud my boy!"

I said, "I shall give you a REbirth, RE5... just you wait!  I'll make them understand..."
andrew932
BANNED
SUSPENDED

♥ HP: 1

BANNED

« Reply #34 on: January 14, 2010, 09:10:49 PM »

Yeah Berserker you've done well here. I always enjoy reading your walkthroughs, it must take you a long time.

But could you please release a step by step guide to the Final Fantasy series? I'd need something to recite over when I'm dying of old age.

Berserker
Kev0wnage
BSAA

PS3 & 360

BerserkerSTARS
« Reply #35 on: January 15, 2010, 01:51:29 PM »

Hey, thanks!

You'll probably never see another Final Fantasy FAQ or RPG FAQ by me for that matter.  RPGs take WAY TOO LONG for me - FFXII took three months.  I don't really see how FAQ authors can follow them through to completion.  My hat's off to sephirosuy and Split Infinity on GameFAQs for their exquisite work on Final Fantasy games.

Oh and... I just got done with the RE2 segment of my DSC guide.  Now, I only have the majority of Operation Javier and all of CVX left!  I'm moving through this one pretty quickly.  Seems to take nearly a week per scenario.  Not bad.

---
>> Resident Evil 5: The Mercenaries Reunion Guide - http://www.gamefaqs.com/console/ps3/file/980166/59792 <<

RE5 said, "Back from the dead I see?  You know... scREw this old Mercs guide, I want a new one!  I want to fREelance you for the RE5t of the year.  Write me a new one.  Go now. Show the world what a dangerous drug I truly am.  Make me proud my boy!"

I said, "I shall give you a REbirth, RE5... just you wait!  I'll make them understand..."
Berserker
Kev0wnage
BSAA

PS3 & 360

BerserkerSTARS
« Reply #36 on: January 16, 2010, 06:46:35 PM »

--> The Mines

-- Cephalo

Type of Majini: Town Majini with shovel
Location: Spawns from the spawn point near the middle 60 seconds.
When: Appears randomly between the 70 - 100 kill.

-- Cephalo

Type of Majini: Town Majini with shovel

RE5 mercs TM 360 DUO 830k

^ 3:44 Shovel Majini Scripted, 4:56 Shovel Majini Scripted

--> Ship Deck

-- Cephalo

Type of Majini: Majini with crossbow

-- Cephalo

Type of Majini: Majini with spiked club

Resident Evil 5 Mercenaries - Ship Deck DUO - 913774 Pts. - Wesker Midnight/Chris S.T.A.R.S

^ 3:43 Crossbow Majini scripted (1/1), 4:13 Spiked Club scripted (1/3)

Scripted in Mines:

- 3 bottle (1 found) [other 2 appear near (1) bottom tunnel entrance and (2) top west portion of north ledge
- 1 bowgun
- 2 shovel
- 2 sickle (both appear somewhere on top north ledge on the west side)
- 3 pickaxe (1 found) (other 2 appear near (1) bottom tunnel entrance and (2) top west portion of north ledge
- 1 red wrench (bottom tunnel entrance, I think)

^ I'm unsure of some of these locations and if they actually are scripted.  I'm pretty sure there are 3 bottle Majini scripted and 2 sickle scripted though.

I'll probably have to add another sort of explanation as to the show times for each Cephalo for Solo mode if that is possible.  All of these so far are mainly based on Duo mode.  Really, listing the times can be useless since it depends on the strategy you use.

---

Seitengrate
Alexia Ashford

♥ HP: 4

PS3/360(REtired)

« Reply #37 on: January 16, 2010, 07:39:27 PM »

There are definitely some scripted ones on Missile Area, every run in the past I noticed at least one dynamite and Molotov Majini would spawn one. I agree with Berserker also that criticals and Plaga spawns are intertwined, the developers knew how strong Wesker was so probably made sure he would have as hard a time with Cephalo as is possible for him.

Missile Area also seems to have key points in the combo where they appear. On a typical Solo run for example, I always get one within the first 20 enemies, then once jumping down at 40 there is usually 1 or 2 between 40-60 then 1 in the main area and once to the section with the raised platform Time Bonus the rate increases drastically. Either way, the Cephalo there are annoying. I've also noticed it's the only stage I've ever consistently gotten a Cephalo spawn from the first kill, I'm sure it happens on other stages but using a Knee Cannon on the first Majini in the low Duo spawn usually mutates them into a Cephalo.
justMatt
Albert Wesker

« Reply #38 on: January 29, 2010, 02:50:23 PM »

ok I have noticed more scripteds on village: 2 will spawn from the cave, the first has no weapons and the second has a spear, spawn around 60-70 in Duo

As long as you're happy

GT - RSAmatt
Berserker
Kev0wnage
BSAA

PS3 & 360

BerserkerSTARS
« Reply #39 on: January 29, 2010, 04:08:51 PM »

ok I have noticed more scripteds on village: 2 will spawn from the cave, the first has no weapons and the second has a spear, spawn around 60-70 in Duo

Yeah, I really believe that there is a whole mess of scripted Cephalos on Village toward the end.  They most likely come from the cave spawn point, like you mentioned and the spawn point near the combo chest on the hill.

It's so very hard to tell them apart though unless you watch as they spawn.

Thanks for the info.  I'll add it at a later date.

I will get back to all of my stuff on the strategy board once I'm finished with DSC.  Almost done.

---

advoc8r
Say It Like Wesker!
BSAA

♥ HP: 33

PS3

« Reply #40 on: January 29, 2010, 05:02:52 PM »

berserker , idk if u have covered this , if u have nvm . would it make sense 2 loc8 all enemy spawn locations , and how many spawn from each spawn point , and maybe how 2 initiate and cre8 full spawns from each spawn point ?

HAAH (say it like wesker)

I really need this game NOA! =P  - berserker-
justMatt
Albert Wesker

« Reply #41 on: January 30, 2010, 01:00:21 PM »

If you think its necessary, you can add that cephalos never spawn when a majini dies from falling

As long as you're happy

GT - RSAmatt
Headminerve
RE4 Rep
Jack Krauser

♥ HP: 3

France France

PS3

HeadMinerve
« Reply #42 on: February 03, 2010, 03:23:21 PM »

I read in the 1st page cephs were at random in ma... however some are scripted but sprout only during some kinds of spawning.
For example, in the first wave of 12 after the very first majinis, theres this molotov guy. I can guess which on it is and magnum x2 right away. This happens in the chicken area.
In the same zone theres a ceph in a dynamite guy too. So at least 2 scripted in this area. With more time ill figure out more of them and quote them here.
sorry i see some replies about ma lol.

It also seems cephs appear more during a dash+knee as a combo-saving move. Yesterday igot 2 ceph with a desperate dash! But it may deal with the fact some ceph in becoming move slower than non ceph majinis, thats why I choose them as dash targets (theyre far away)...
« Last Edit: February 03, 2010, 03:29:21 PM by Headminerve » Logged

www.youtube.com/headminerve
PSN ID : Head_Minerve
Jaz_B
BSAA

♥ HP: 19

PS3

« Reply #43 on: February 03, 2010, 03:27:37 PM »

headminvere i cant believe how much progress you've made in a few days Xd
whats your MA solo score so far ?

*qweedow crew*
Headminerve
RE4 Rep
Jack Krauser

♥ HP: 3

France France

PS3

HeadMinerve
« Reply #44 on: February 03, 2010, 03:33:30 PM »

my score is still 360 k with a route i dont play anymore. My knowledge about the map grows faster than my aiming aptitude lol! And i play 5h a week for now so im not in the high score mood yet...

About scripted cephs again, the 30kills main zone has at least 3 scripted cephs, 1 of them is a long stick guy and 1 is a dynamite iirc. Not 100% sure though since i may be confused withe dynamite of the chicken zone.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2010, 03:38:54 PM by Headminerve » Logged

www.youtube.com/headminerve
PSN ID : Head_Minerve
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 14   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: